Sunday 9 August 2009

Dust Allergy

It has transpired that shadow has a dust allergy!! After several visits to the vets, several doses of steroids and antibiotics, anti-histamines, numerous topical ointments and shampoos his condition has slowly got worse. I am including this in my blog because I have actually discovered something wonderful..... Aloe Vera!! These pictures show his condition before the aloe vera. It is all self mutilation caused by the constant scratching and biting. I started by using the topical creams which helped relieve some of the itching but I now also give him the aloe vera gel drink! Yes you can drink it too!! His hair has actually started growing back and his skin doesn't look half as raw. When I can get him to sit still enough to have photos done (he doesn't now have to stop and have a scratch! :-)) I will post how he is getting along. He has only been taking the drink for a couple of weeks and have noticed signs of improvements already! I hope it keeps up.

No comments:

Post a Comment